- Want to know what is happening in your community
- Upcoming Events
- Spring into Fun events
- Calling all lifeguards!
- Complete your college degree
- Tips for a smooth move out
- Spring Lawn Treatments
- Spring forward- Daylight Savings Time to begin
- Spring Cleanup
- FROG Youth Turkey Hunt
- Combined Scholarship Fund
- Green corner
Your community calendar can help you stay up-to-date on trash, recycling, lawn care, resident events and community activities.
You can even sync your community calendar with a personal Google calendar by clicking on the +Google button on the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar.
Follow us on Facebook!
- 6-24 March- Stop by your Community Center to enter into the Jelly Bean guessing game to win a prize!
- 12 March: Daylight Savings Time Begins
- 17 March: St. Patrick’s Day
- 20 March: Spring Into Fun Event -Colyer Forsyth Community Center
- 22 March: Spring Into Fun Event –Warner Peterson Community Center
- 24 March: Spring Into Fun Event –Ellis Heights Community Center
The Easter Bunny will be hopping by the Corvias Spring into Fun events!
Planned activities include: crafts, games, prizes, photos with the Easter Bunny, light refreshments, and more!!! There are three opportunities to enjoy this event:
- Monday, March 20th- 2-4pm at Colyer Forsyth Community Center
- Wednesday, March 22nd- 2-4pm at Warner Peterson Community Center
- Friday, March 24th- 2-4pm at Ellis Heights Community Center
This event is free for all Corvias on-post housing residents. Don’t forget your camera to take pictures with the Easter Bunny! Also, stop by your community office March 6th - March 24th to enter the Jelly Bean Challenge where you'll guess how many jelly beans are in the display.
American Pool will be managing the Corvias community pools for the summer of 2017. They are now hiring for lifeguards and head guards and will be holding an Open House on Saturday, March 18th from 10am-2pm at the Colyer Forsyth Community Center. They will also be at the Fort Riley Youth Hiring Fair on March 11th from 10am -1pm at the Ft. Riley Teen Center, 5800 Thomas Drive, Ft. Riley, KS 66442. American Pool will be available to help you fill out an application, interview and ask any questions you might have about working as a lifeguard. We recommend that a parent be present and that you bring two forms of official identification. If you have any questions or are unable to attend, please contact the staffing department at 1-877-709-7665.
Are you a military spouse with dreams of completing your college degree? Visit corviasfoundation.org for more information and to apply for a $5,000 Scholarship.
Getting ready to PCS? Deploy? Retire? Make sure to stop by the Community Office to provide a 30-day notice, along with a copy of your orders.
Ensure you have a smooth transition by following these steps once you are ready to move:
- Complete a Notice to Vacate Form and schedule a final inspection at least 30 days prior to move out with your Community Office
- Attend a Move-Out Session Briefing with your Community Office
- All personal items should be removed from the home and the home should be left surface clean
If you have any questions about the move-out process, please stop by or call the Community Office and we’ll walk you through it.
Our lawn care service provider will be applying a liquid weed control and pre-emergent treatment to lawns in March, as weather conditions allow. The schedule for treatment is as follows:
- March 1 - March 3: Historic Main Post
- March 6 - March 7: Colyer Manor
- March 8 - March 14: Forsyth
- March 15 - March 17: McClellan
- March 20 - March 22: Warner Peterson
- March 23 - March 24: Ellis Heights
Treatment areas will include all landscape beds, front and side yards of all homes as well as community entry areas. To make the application process as efficient as possible, we ask that you please remove all personal items from your front and side yard turf areas.
Please allow the treatment to dry before allowing children and pets on the treated areas. The treatment application is not harmful to your family or pets. The drying period (approx. 30 min) will heighten the effectiveness of the treatment and help you avoid tracking the material into your home.
The product labels and material safety data sheets will be available at your Community Office for further information on the products used.
Daylight Saving Time begins at 2 a.m. on March 12. Set all clocks forward one hour. It is also a good time to test smoke detectors. If alarm does not sound, contact your Community Office immediately.
Spring cleaning is an annual ritual for many people. It is an ideal time to check our homes and yards for dangerous materials and unsafe conditions and to spend the time to protect our families and our property.
For a safer home, add these chores to your annual spring cleaning list:
- Check your house for any stored papers, magazines, or any other combustible materials you don’t need. Pay special attention to areas around your furnace, hot water heater, fire place and clothes dryer. Keep the area under your stairs clear of combustibles as well.
- Check your clothes dryer for proper venting- make sure vent flap operates properly and vent pipe is not restricted. Always use a lint filter, and make sure the lint filter is cleaned after every load of laundry.
- Properly discard any toxic or flammable materials you no longer need. Never mix any flammable or toxic materials together. Place the remaining materials up high and out of children’s reach. Make sure that any paint or any other flammable materials is not stored near a heat source. Do not throw any rags that are soaked with flammables in the garbage.
- Keep yards cleared of leaves, debris, and other combustible rubbish.
- Make sure you clean your BBQ grill and check for leaks, breaks, and other wear and tear. Make sure that you never store propane inside your home or garage.
- While using your grill make sure it’s away from your home and not under an overhang and used only outdoors
- Check smoke detectors and change the battery if necessary. Check fire extinguisher for proper type and placement. Make and practice a fire escape plan now and involve everyone in the home.
The Fort Riley Outdoorsmen Group (FROG) will host the annual youth mentorship spring turkey hunt on Saturday, April 1st and Sunday, April 2nd at Fort Riley. No hunting experience is needed. For more information or to sign up please email the FROG at email@example.com or David@huntfortriley.com
The 2017 CSF Scholarship application opportunity has opened! All Fort Riley military dependents seeking undergraduate or vocational education are encouraged to apply. Applications can be downloaded at www.combinedscholarshipfund.org
Open draperies and blinds to allow warm sunlight to enter in daylight hours. Close draperies and blinds at night to maintain heat.