At Corvias Military Living, sustainability is a priority.
GO GREEN, BE GREEN, LIVE ARMY GREEN.
We all have an obligation to the environment to conserve our scarce natural resources. The Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and the Department of the Army's (DA) Residential Communities Initiative (RCI) with Congressional support, has required DA to work with each privatized Family housing partner to develop procedures which provide incentives for Soldiers and their Families living on post to be responsible for their energy consumption. Saving energy and our nation's precious natural resources are key elements of the program.
You can make a difference. Across the Department of Defense, energy conservation programs are underway with a goal to reduce our overall energy consumption in the United States by 20 percent; ultimately reducing our dependency on foreign energy.
LIVEARMYGREEN is the Army and privatized partners' communications program for Soldiers and their Families to gain a better understanding of the OSD and the DA's utility policy through education about utility billing at Army installations as well as conservation education in the form of energy-saving tips, programs and events.
The purpose of the program is to:
- Conserve our natural resources and reduce our nation's dependence on foreign oil.
- Re-invest energy savings into housing projects for improved housing renovations, community centers, playgrounds, resident activities, etc.
- Reward Soldiers for their successful contribution to the conservation effort.
How it works:
- Each resident of privatized housing currently in the program (renovated or newer construction homes) will receive a utility consumption baseline determined by the average usage of similar homes.
- The established average baseline is automatically accounted for by the utility component of the BAH.
- Residents who consume less than the baseline will be rewarded for their conservation efforts.
- Residents who consume more than the baseline will be responsible for the difference between their consumption and the baseline.
Live Army Green Resources
Learn more about the Live Army Green Program and find out what residents are saying about how easy it is to conserve.