GO GREEN, BE GREEN, LIVE ARMY GREEN.
At Corvias, sustainability is a priority.
We all have an obligation to the environment to conserve our scarce natural resources. The Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and the Department of the Army's (DA) Residential Communities Initiative (RCI) with Congressional support, has required DA to work with each privatized Family housing partner to develop procedures which provide incentives for Soldiers and their Families living on post to be responsible for their energy consumption. Saving energy and our nation's precious natural resources are key elements of the program.
You can make a difference. Across the Department of Defense, energy conservation programs are underway with a goal to reduce our overall energy consumption in the United States by 20 percent; ultimately reducing our dependency on foreign energy.
LIVEARMYGREEN is the Army and privatized partners' communications program for Soldiers and their Families to gain a better understanding of the Office of the Secretary of Defense and the Department of the Army's utility policy through education about utility billing at Army installations as well as conservation education in the form of energy-saving tips, programs and events.
The purpose of the program is to:
- Conserve our natural resources and reduce our nation's dependence on foreign oil.
- Re-invest energy savings into housing projects for improved housing renovations, community centers, playgrounds, resident activities, etc.
- Reward Soldiers for their successful contribution to the conservation effort.
How it works:
- Each resident of privatized housing currently in the program (renovated or newer construction homes) will receive a utility consumption baseline determined by the average usage of similar homes.
- The established average baseline is automatically accounted for by the utility component of the BAH.
- Residents who consume less than the baseline will be rewarded for their conservation efforts.
- Residents who consume more than the baseline will be responsible for the difference between their consumption and the baseline.
- YES Energy Management is the third‐party utility billing company for the Live Army Green Program at Fort Riley. Corvias partnered with YES in February 2012.
- YES Energy monitors electricity and natural gas usage in Fort Riley's family housing. The company also calculates monthly baselines, processes utility payments and issues rebates.
- If you have any questions, please contact your Corvias team.
Manage Your Account Online
Residents who are enrolled in the Live Army Green program can manage their YES Energy accounts online at www.yesenergymanagement.com/YES/YESHome.aspx.
Find out more about the Live Army Green Program.
For further information on energy conservation please visit:
- Household Carbon Footprint Calculator
- Pledge to Save Energy
- Mother Nature Network
- The Green Guide
For more information about the Live Army Green program, please contact your Community Office.